The system has been built using hiJump, a web application framework, developed and licensed by Datalogic Solutions Ltd to improve the manner in which rich internet applications are delivered.
Specifically, hiJump is aimed at producing a highly efficient and reusable rich internet application (RIA) environment that is scalable and maintainable. The structure of hiJump is illustrated in the image to the right.
The central tenants of this architecture are:
- To be an enabler of consistent web application code. This is driven by re-usable providers of page functionality. When building RIAs it is important to ensure that developers are creating functionality in a consistent and discoverable manner.
- To follow the concept of command\query separation throughout the framework, from the web browser to the chosen persistence mechanism.
- To encourage and enable the use of domain-driven design principles. The architecture in hiJump ensures that domain-logic concerns, and not technology concerns, are at the forefront of development.
- To be an event-driven architecture, enabling unobtrusive synchronous and asynchronous processing of events for report generation etc.
- To be fully pluggable. All components and providers can be swapped out at will through the use of any IOC container.
The default hiJump providers are based upon the following open-source projects: Asp.net mvc; nHibernate; Fluent nHibernate; jQuery; Rhino Security; jqGrid; and nServiceBus.
Remando supports role-based security profiles with the addition of account level data access controls defined by responsibility links.
This enables tight control of enterprise data to be retained whilst still empowering users to manage their workload effectively.
Specific emphasis has been placed on usability features to make using Remando a simple, intuitive and rewarding experience that delivers rich data access and process automation with the least effort and the maximum degree of flexibility.
The application is built using Datalogic Solutions' hiJump application framework that leverages a sophisticated core domain model and simplified user interface architecture, to deliver speed and scalability even across narrow-bandwidth networks.
Various opportunities exist to integrate Remando with a client's existing control solutions to ease the project implementation and deliver meaningful change fast. All integration solutions work at the divisional level so that a heterogeneous architecture can be supported without losing the benefits of enterprise wide reporting from a single instance.